Mandarin oranges have a low calorie count and a high number of minerals, nutrients, and vitamins.
The health benefits of mandarin oranges include:
- Mandarins contains Vitamins A, B, and a high level of Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals, prevents infections, cramps, and vomiting, and is great for the health of your skin.
- Mandarin oranges contain the carotenoids beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin that function as antioxidants that protect your vision and support your immune system.
- Mandarins are a substantial source of insoluble fiber and soluble fiber. Insoluble fiber keeps things moving in your digestive system and flushes out harmful toxins, and soluble fiber helps lower cholesterol and keeps blood sugar balanced by slowing food absorption.
- Mandarins contain calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium help build bone strength, create new bone, and fight osteoporosis.
- Mandarins produce synephrine, a natural decongestant, which also helps to curb production of cholesterol in the body.
- Mandarins contain potassium, a mineral known to help lower blood pressure and keep blood flow moving smoothly.
Eating mandarin oranges is also a great way to fight off winter sniffles.
Our Satsuma mandarins ripen just in time for the winter cold season. Good thing too! They provide a high amount of Vitamin C and synephrine — a natural decongestant that helps relieve cold and allergy symptoms.