What Are The Health Benefits Of Eating Mandarin Oranges?
Mandarin oranges have a low calorie count and a high number of minerals, nutrients, and vitamins.
The health benefits of mandarin oranges include:
- Mandarins contains Vitamins A, B, and a high level of Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals, prevents infections, cramps, and vomiting, and is great for the health of your skin.
- Mandarin oranges contain the carotenoids beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin that function as antioxidants that protect your vision and support your immune system.
- Mandarins are a substantial source of insoluble fiber and soluble fiber. Insoluble fiber keeps things moving in your digestive system and flushes out harmful toxins, and soluble fiber helps lower cholesterol and keeps blood sugar balanced by slowing food absorption.
- Mandarins contain calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium help build bone strength, create new bone, and fight osteoporosis.
- Mandarins produce synephrine, a natural decongestant, which also helps to curb production of cholesterol in the body.
- Mandarins contain potassium, a mineral known to help lower blood pressure and keep blood flow moving smoothly.
Eating mandarin oranges is also a great way to fight off winter sniffles.
Our Satsuma mandarins ripen just in time for the winter cold season. Good thing too! They provide a high amount of Vitamin C and synephrine — a natural decongestant that helps relieve cold and allergy symptoms.
Made famous in a 2008 study by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), Placer County Owari Satsuma mandarins, like those grown at S & J Mandarin Grove, offer high concentrations of the phytochemical synephrine. According to the study, synephrine concentrations in Placer County mandarins were up to six times higher than values previously determined for orange juices. The study concluded that ten ounces of mandarin juice contains as much synephrine as one over-the-counter decongestant pill.
To help keep you and your family healthy this winter, be sure to stock up on S & J Organic Mandarins! They are fun to eat, easy to peel, sweet, seedless, and absolutely delicious. Many of our customers tell us that eating an S & J mandarin is like eating candy — but there’s no guilt because they’re a healthy snack.
Just don’t wait too long to order your boxes of organic Placer County mountain mandarins… we sell out early every year!